3.28.2012

40 Days Fit - Day 36

Finally, I made one of the recipes I posted as "to do" on a previous post. The Korean Spicy Quick Braised Tofu recipe I used was adjusted a little, and I replaced the suggested brown rice with cooked spinach. I've never had anything against tofu. I think it tastes yummy, and the very spicy kick my dinner had was perfect! Here is my adjusted "for one" recipe:


8oz Trader Joe's Sprouted Tofu (200 cals)
1 tsp vegetable oil (40 cals)
1 jalapeno (making it really spicy! 10 cals)
1 tablespoon water
1 tsp low sodium soy sauce (5 cals)
1 tsp honey (20 cals)
1 tsp Chili pepper paste (10 cals)
Shake of sesame seeds

Cut the tofu into cubes, then set on a paper towel to dry for about 10 minutes
Pour the vegetable oil into a large pan on medium-high heat until warmed up
Place the tofu in the pan. Be careful - the oil will splash (ouch!)
Cook the tofu until golden brown (8-10 minutes) then move the tofu to a paper towel to drain a little

Add the jalapenos to the pan you just used over medium heat. Let cook for about 30 seconds
Combine all other ingredients and add to medium heat pan with jalapenos. Let cook about 30 seconds - 1 minute.

Add the tofu and mix it all up for another minute or so, then enjoy! At only 285 calories (305 if you cook spinach), it is filling, easy and oh so worth a try!


I missed my workout today since I left work super late and it was one of my best friend's birthday. Well worth it though on a Wednesday night. I had one or two skinny margaritas as Buckhead Saloon. At 100 calories, they are so yummy!

Happy Birthday Ange! I know your wish may have a hope of Maker's Mark cupcakes attached ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment