3.21.2012

40 Days Fit - Day 29

Finally! I have finished my book "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan. I had seen it on the shelves for a while, had heard about Pollan's no-fuss. straight-forward writing style and the lessons that this book would be able to teach.



It is a quick read, so I would recommend reading it more than me explaining it. I could tell you quick facts, but Pollan connects things in way that make perfect sense and make you question how you eat and what you eat.

The overall theme of the book is that nothing can trump nature in regards to food. There is no mimicking the "Mediterranean diet" by taking parts of it, and it doesn't help just to take Vitamin C pills versus eating a real, ORGANIC orange. Things work well as they are, from the soil, and no scientist has yet been able to copy it perfectly. Food works better as a whole than as its analyzed parts.

If you have the time (such as your lunch break like I do), read this book. It may help you make small changes in your diet, and Pollan leaves a few simple rules at the end to help you make these easy changes.

2 comments:

  1. This looks like an iteresting read, I'll have to check it out.Thanks for sharing

    http://2bestfriendschubbyroadtoskinny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great read! Makes the thought of "clean eating" a lot more simple as well. Let me know what you think about it if you decide to read it!

      Delete