3.20.2012

40 Days Fit - Day 28

You know what hurts more than a half marathon? Running after a half marathon. I woke up early this morning after a long night, waking every hour, to go for a run outside. At 6:30am, I made it outside for what I was planning on being an easy 30 minute run.

It turned into more like a 35 minute walk/run. My muscles are still so tight, my blisters were throbbing as I was pounding pavement, and the lingering runner's gut I had all day Sunday made me feel like I had thorns being tightened around my stomach. It didn't go as planned, but it was a chance for me to soak in the atmosphere of a still sleepy Atlanta. I passed by a handful of runners, a group of early morning bootcampers, and a few cars every now and then. Atlanta was still quiet. It was a little creepy, but at the same time put me at ease.

I think I need a running partner that 1. Would be willing to run with me at 6:30 in the morning and 2. Wants to train for a half marathon. Anyone interested?

The highlight of my day though was my dad dropping by. We installed a fan into my room (finally, air!) and grabbed dinner at Olde Town Tavern. Never again will I go there! The food wasn't bad, but it was uncomfortable almost being with my dad and seeing the waitresses. They were all dressed in black, if you could call it dressed. Honestly, I couldn't tell if this was a strip club or a sports bar. Please ladies, you will not get a bigger tip looking like that, especially when I see your fat rolls hanging out of your too tight shorty-shorts... yuck. I hope I'm not ever perceived like that by someone else.

But besides the waitresses, it was really hard eating out and trying to stick with a healthy diet. I hate going out for dinner thanks to that fact. It seems every time you sit down, you are going to double your calorie intake for the day. It is such a cause of frustration for me, and something I am working on. I also have to be more "demanding", such as tonight when I got veggies instead of fries, and also asked for them to steam rather than use butter. It may be a little extra to ask, but that alone saved approximately 100 calories. It's a treat, not an every day affair. I'm still learning.

2 comments:

  1. I recently found a running partner and it's SO much better. I push myself more and I'm less inclined to skip a workout

    http://2bestfriendschubbyroadtoskinny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been trying to find a running partner forever! I'll actually be heading out on a monthly "team" run today, so maybe I will find a real buddy soon!

      Delete