3.03.2012

40 Days Fit - Day 11

I finally found the solution to my sweet tooth! After baking the sugar cookies for last night, I couldn't get the cravings out of my head. After a little research, and a little trial and error this week, I found the perfect thing! And guess what... under 150 calories for a BIG serving.

In a microwaveable bowl, mix the following ingredients:
- 2 egg white
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp flour
- Truvia sweetner (to taste). I use about a tablespoon

After whisked all together, throw in the microwave for 3 1/2 to 4 minutes, until looking a little matte and no longer shiny. This cake is thick thanks to the canned pumpkin, like a brownie, but not overwhelmingly chocolate. I added whipped cream since I like the mix between warm and cold/chocolate and vanilla.

In total, the cake is 95 calories. I added 4 tablespoons (30 calories worth) of whipped cream, so in total this dessert delight came to 125 calories. Plus, it has about 6 or 7 grams of protein. Yummmmy, and not bad for you!

Tomorrow is the InTown 10K in the Atlanta VaHi area. I just went to the gym for a little today and did the elliptical, since I am hoping to break my 10K PR time tomorrow. Results to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment