3.08.2012

40 Days Fit - Day 16

Today has been a day of indifference. I'm tired, but not. I want to not workout, but I should. I want to work, but don't know what to do... it's limbo on everything. These types of days are not my favorite, especially since I feel stuck. I feel like there is more that I could be doing, but I don't know what. I am terrible at not being busy, and maybe that is why I feel the way I do right now.

It may be because I am pretty sure I will be taking off the day from working out. I have been really tired all week. It's just one of those weeks. They always happen when you are wanting to push, but for some reason you just feel like you can't reach it.

Last night, my trainer literally laughed at me. I was pulling about 100 pounds up and down the turf track, back and forth, for more yards than I thought I was able. When I had one more up and back, after I thought I was going to crash, I blurted out "What did I do to deserve this?". It was what I felt. This is after I told her I kicked butt at my race Sunday. It was funny, but at the same time I was serious.

Then I realized - this is my choice. I want to push myself. I want to do better and be better. So, what did I do to deserve this? Nothing wrong, everything right. It just didn't feel like something I wanted to do at the time, but not everything you want is easy, and it shouldn't be.

During the session, I was also told by Bing that I should be doing ab exercises for about 10 minutes daily. Apparently you can't over-do abs. Not certain about this, but I'm going to start adding it into my routine. So, ten minutes a day, here is what I will be doing, starting today at home. These have been named some of the best ab exercises, and the ones that you can do at home without any special equipment. I'll be doing two, 30 second sets of each (totaling 10 minutes).

1. Bicycle Crunches
2. Toe Touchers
3. Crunches- Hands Overhead
4. Reverse Crunches
5. Alternate Heel Touchers
6. Plank
7. Traditional Crunches
8. Cross Body Crunch
9. Jackknife Sit-Up
10. Oblique Crunches

No comments:

Post a Comment