3.13.2012

40 Days Fit - Day 21

My trainer and I talked a lot yesterday about what my new goals were going to be after I finish up this half marathon. Maybe a triathlon, maybe beating my 5k or 10k time (again), or training for more distance (gross!).

Sometimes it is hard to establish goals for the future, especially at a point in time where you feel so mentally drained like I do at the moment. Looking forward can be hard, but it is something that is needed and that I even need to do now. I am coming to the end of this half-marathon, and really excited to take a mental break from the pressures of distance training and motivating myself to constantly do something I'm really not too excited about. I really want to break 2 hours, so I'll be signing myself up to run with the pace team (or run just a little ahead of them for good measure), but I'm still not excited about Sunday.

I haven't had that real runner's high in a bit. I just want to run in order to enjoy myself, to stomp through places you may only drive past (or aren't allowed to drive past) and to get that dripping sweat pouring off me after a run that you can be proud of.

So, all in all, I really have no idea what I want my next goal to be. I know for a fact though that I don't want to do another half for a bit. Maybe not until the Atlanta Thanksgiving Half... But, we will see. For now, I am going to stick to 5ks, 10ks, and $25 T-shirts.

I am REALLY interested in starting a running club for those around my age in the Atlanta area. If anyone would like to help me with this new project, please join me! The Atlanta Track club has a great list of cool places to run around Atlanta, such as the Silver Comet Trail and Stone Mountains 2 routes, so I think it would be neat to do a weekend run with these different places and other fun routes rotating.

Atlanta is really lacking in some running clubs for my age, and I really would love for some other 20 and 30 somethings to join me! As soon as I get this on a roll, of course I'll be promoting it and getting people on board! Running social is a lot more fun than running solo, and you push yourself further than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment