7.21.2011

Thai Steak Salad


I need to share this recipe! I was looking feeling something "cooling" after the hot day we had in Georgia. I laid out for about ten minutes and decided it wasn't worth it. So, I went for this salad with some steak, my favorite. This recipe comes out spicy, so beware to those who can't handle the heat!

What you need:

Dressing
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp serrano chili pepper (I used a full one), minced

Salad
- 10 ounces boneless beef strip steak
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup sliced radishes
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced and unpeeled
- 10 fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce chopped

This recipe makes two servings, one is sure to fill you up

For the dressing, mix everything together in a large bowl. Set aside a tablespoon of the dressing

Season the steak with lots of salt and pepper on either side. Cook on a stovetop grill pan over medium-high for 4 or 5 minutes per side, depending on how you like your steak cooked. I usually go with medium.

Add the rest of the salad ingredients to the big bowl with the dressing, toss, then plate.

Take the steak and slice thin across the grain, then toss the steak slices in the extra salad dressing you set aside.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment