7.08.2011

Anxious back Home

I have been traveling Europe for the past two months. I lived in Paris, visited London, and a few other places in France. This was the most amazing experience I've had in my life. It went by too quickly, and coming back to America was a complete ambush on my thoughts about life. I could walk outside everyday and stroll through the streets of the City of Lights, without anything in particular to do. It would result still in me being perfectly happy and content by just soaking in the enormity of the place I was in and feeling the relaxed lifestyles of true Parisians. I could visit museums with paintings filled by Picasso, Van Gogh, and Monet. The bakeries were the best part though for me, being one who enjoys baking. With that, I brought a good amount of Paris back home on me. I unfortunately got on the scale when I returned to find I had gained almost 15 pounds. What an accomplishment! My rounded belly has been very content for the past 7 weeks though.

I also met amazing people. I made many friends that were also from my university, and even one who lives in London. He was one of the hardest to say goodbye to, knowing the only way to see him again was a long and tedious day of travel and a fair amount of cash to buy an international flight. The people I met, the experiences I took away, and the new perspective I have on life are something that I hope to carry with me forever. I have now realized that my time prior to my trip became routine living. I would go out to bars a lot, sit around and watch TV mindlessly, and really not go out during the day trying to enjoy what is around me. I have a goal to change that. I want the unusual experiences, or at ones that I will remember when I wake up in the morning. I have another 3 weeks to live in my current location. After that, I have no idea what I will be doing for a job or where I will be living. My main tasks are to figure this out, but I also want to do those things I have been putting off. With this new blog, I want to share these "living" experiences and use it as a way to hold myself accountable to living life to the fullest. I can't wait to start this new mindset and mentality towards the only life I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment