4.02.2012

40 Days Fit - Day 38

I admit, I was completely worried about heading to the gym today. I hadn't worked out for a bit, and I knew that I would get my butt kicked. It was a great workout, even though I have felt a little under the weather (allergies maybe?). I think I owe a lot of that to my eating today - it always makes you have a better day and workout when you eat well. I definitely "sweat it out" a little more than usual though - thanks to my trainer seeing me at the Crawfish Fest on Saturday, she said it was because of all the liquor leaving my body. Oh well...

What did I eat today? This has seemed to be my kind of normal routine the past few weeks:

Breakfast: Oatmeal with a few strawberries and 1/2 a cup unsweetened applesauce
Lunch: Peanut Butter Powerbar, Apple, Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt
Pre-workout snack: Banana with tbsp peanut butter
Dinner: Kale, carrots and portobello mushrooms steamed/sauteed with just water and 2 poached eggs
Dessert: Semi-frozen banana


The kale turned out much better tonight than my previous attempt. It tastes like a cross between brussels sprouts and spinach - two of my favorite things! I am also swapping out the protein/ Powerbar for a protein shake instead. I haven't found a bar with the lesser amount of calories and higher amount of quality protein shakes provide. I also find them more filling for the long days I usually have. There is such a stereotype of weight gain and muscle mass building that is associated with them, but they are really great for you, even if you are a woman. Read up more on them and you'd be surprised!


No comments:

Post a Comment