8.26.2011

First Week of My New Life!

Finally, I get a chance to sit down and write a little about the crazy week that has been going on for me. I started my first week of work, my first real job! I have never been so tired and so happy with where my life is going. I absolutely adore my co-workers, the atmosphere I work in, and the city I will soon be living in. My official move to Atlanta will be in about 2 weeks, and I couldn't be more excited to begin my life in a completely new city! I always told people that I was from Atlanta, from Georgia, and after meeting more and more true Atlanta residents, I've discovered that I barely knew the city at all. It is a completely different monster from the suburbs, one that I am ready to challenge and learn how to tackle.

The only downside to my new, super busy life is the lack of energy I have been finding myself having in the gym. Especially when I run during the week, I have so much difficulty pushing myself. I'm in the process of researching some ways to get over this (it may just be a mental block). I tried to visit my favorite local GNC member today to get some advice, but unfortunately she wasn't working today. Guess I'll just have to check back later. As usual, I'll figure it out. Guess I need to by Sunday, since I'll be running a 15-miler this weekend.

Finally, I also finished the book I have been reading called "Shadow Divers", based on the story of divers from New Jersey who discovered a mystery U-boat off the coast. It's a little lengthy, but was wonderful! I then started "Room" by Emma Donoghue. It is the story of a mother and son trapped in an 11' x 11' room. It is written in the child's perspective, who was born and has lived in the small room for his whole life. This book is a quick read, especially since you are anxiously waiting for the duo to break out of their prison.

One more day of work tomorrow at Notable Weddings and Events (yes, I work 6 days a week), then a brain-free day Sunday. I may try to sneak in a beer with friends as some point. Hope everyone has a great weekend and if you have any suggestions about my energy lack, I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment