1.10.2012

Sugar Free: Week 2

It amazes me where you find added sugar! Dried fruit, cereals, granola bars, peanut butter, any sort of bread and much much more. It is really making me look at what is in things before I throw them in my grocery basket and eventually my trash chute of a stomach. I've actually done really well these first two weeks, and noticing that my diet has become much healthier. I have been keeping a food log just to keep myself in check of what is being eaten. But, I may have cheated this weekend. I had a glass of wine (basically pure sugar) and some chocolate chip cookies. How could I resist those fresh, warm oooey goodness sitting in my kitchen? Exactly, no way!

For dinner tonight, I finally took time again to cook, making sauteed vegetables (no oil used) with grilled chicken breast marinated in spices.


After dinner, I was still hungry for something sweet, so I turned to oatmeal. It's one of those foods that fills you up and is a power food at the same time. To create a sweet taste, I added 1/2 a cup of unsweetened apple sauce, a handful of blueberries and a dash of cinnamon. Yummm!


This weekend I am planning on heading to Athens for Friday. I know for a fact that there will be sugar involved if we decide to eat out at any point, so this week needs to go really well. Thankfully I have the time to do it right. 

If you are a frequent visitor of the site, you may have noticed the new addition. I am tracking my miles with dailymile while training for my half marathon. I thought it would be neat (and hopefully inspiring) for those that may still be interested in attempting this running feat with me. I still can't believe that it has already been a full year since my first half - and yes, I'm addicted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment