5.31.2012

Chicken??

Today was my boss' birthday, and there is a running joke around the office, that's highly confidential (kinda), but I can say that it has to deal with chicken. If there is a birthday, party, event, anything really... you know that I'll be baking and the number one thing I make is a darn good cupcake. There are endless varieties, version, creations you can make and tons of decorations.

So, I made cupcakes that loosely resemble a chicken, having an orange slice as the beak. The frosting was absolutely insane though! I will be making this again.

Not too Sweet Caramel Frosting

8oz. Cream Cheese, room temperature
8 oz. (2 sticks) of Butter, room temperature
Caramel Sauce, about 2 tbsp, or to taste
Confectioner's sugar (about 4 cups or to desired consistency)
  1. Using a hand mixer or Kitchen Aid, beat the cream cheese and butter together until well blended.
  2. Add in the caramel sauce and beat in until blended
  3. Pour the powdered sugar in multiple "waves", so adding about 1 to 2 cups at a time until frosting is desired consistency

Cupcake Chickens with Caramel Frosting

This whole week has been a whirl-wind, between TNT, work and and the BeltLine Committee getting geared up for the race in July. I was able to make it to my first TNT Track Training day, which was actually held at Piedmont Park, practicing our stride form and rate on rolling hills and a 1/4 mile measure of grass. It was hot, tough but gave me a great kick in the butt for my running. I realize that I need to get my timing and pace lowered in order to run the marathon, but it's a hard habit to kick right as 5K season is winding down.

It's hard getting used to the heat. I'm trying to run after work, but by that time it is blazing out around 90+ degrees. I've been limping around slightly the past two days, taking it easy on the run right after track. The running styles they teach are also going to take a little getting used to, but it's going to be much better once I get it down.

Be looking out for my ideas and announcements on fundraising - I've got some exciting things planned!

Fit Fact: ONE fortune cookie contains 210 calories. That blows my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment